1. Information We Collect
There are two types of possible information collected when visiting Google Search 4 Kids website. (a) personal information that can identify you and (b) data that does not personally identify you.
1. Personally Identifiable Information: We define personally identifiable information as that which may be used to specifically identify or contact you. This includes (but not limited to) name, address, e-mail address and phone number. In order to use some of our services such as forums, contact e-mail, and members area such information may be required. However these are optional services that one chooses to apply to and in so doing willingly and purposely supplies.
2. Non-Personal Information: We define non-personal information as data that does not personally identify you. Non-personal data can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. Some non-personal information includes: keyword search terms, IP address, browser type you are using, website referral URLs, the operating system and device type you are using, the domain name of the Internet service provider, the pages you visit and the duration of your visit.
2. How We Use the Information Collected
1. Personally Identifiable Information: We strictly prohibit the selling, sharing, trading or release in any manner, except when legally required by subpoena. Certain features of this website may use your supplied information for functionality, such as members area, community forums and contact e-mail forms. We may use this information to contact you if you have agreed to such terms if available. Contact maybe based on one of these reasons, customer service, responding to a message or to contact you about changes and events.
2. Non-Personal Information: This information is anonymous data that does not personally identify you. We use this non-personal information to help analyze website traffic, understand user needs and trends and improve website services. We will not share non-personal information we collect with outside sources.
3. Further Information
1. IP Address: An "IP Address" is a special number used by networks to help your computer talk with the Internet, this is used to identify a computer as the sender and receiver of Internet requests. When you request a page from our website your IP address is added to a log. This is done by nearly every web server in the world for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate data to others, and to track the use of website activity. IP Address are considered non-personal information and can also be collected by middle parties between you and the website.
We reserve the reserve the right use IP Addresses and personal information to help identify a visitor when necessary to enforce compliance with our website rules or to: (a) comply with a legal government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the heal and safety of our website users or the general public.
2. Cookies: A "Cookie" is a text file requested by a website to be stored in the user's local storage. This technology is used to make websites more convenient, by saving passwords, preferences and other data for the user. Cookies themselves do not typically contain an personal indefinable information. We reserve the right to analyze the information derived from cookies and match the information with data provided by users but not third parties.
3. E-mail Communications: If you send us an e-mail request, via direct e-mail or contact forms you agree to allow us to use your personally identifiable information for a response. You also grant us the right to store such correspondence for comments and future reference.
For security reasons we recommend you DO NOT send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, bank account information or any sensitive personal information to use through e-mail communications.
Some of our website services may require e-mail communication, such as membership verification and sign-up features. If you have chosen to be opted into a mailing notification service or news correspondence you will also receive periodic e-mails until which time you manually opt out of such services.
We reserve the right to send unsolicited e-mails for promotional reasons, sending information about our services, or you consented to being contact for particular material. Such campaigns target publicly available e-mail and contact information.
Some features may contain options to set preferences for receiving e-mail communications from us, that is, you agree to some communications but not others.
4. Transfer of Assets: If at any time this website is acquired by another entity, the personally same policy outlined here regarding personal identifiable information must be guaranteed by the new party. Failing any agreement to guarantee the current policy of privacy information will result in deletion of all personal information prior to asset transfer.
5. Legal: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information and/or non-personal information and data about you and/or other users if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal government subpoena; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our website users or the general public.
We keep your information secure through a number of measures considered reasonable and appropriate to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, that while we take precautions to protect your identifiable information and privacy , we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information disclosed or transmitted to use online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure your personal indefinable information and data.
5. Other Sites
6. Contact Information
User feedback is important in helping us make better refinements to our website and improve user experiences. However please note we may not be able address every request while allowing certain features and services, offered through the Google Search 4 Kids website.